Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Wolf Lord Blogs!

 Greetings and welcome all ye Blood Claws to the Wolf Lord Blogs!
     The Blogs posted here are going to be blogs about the Space Wolf army in Warhammer 40k, tactics on how to use the units in this army, the lore of the army, the hobby and craft of bringing the Vlka Fenryka to your table, and general non-sense that I think fellow Wolf players might find useful or interesting.
     Ill tell you readers a bit about myself in this first post as well as what inspired me to begin this blog to begin with. For purposes of this blog I will refer to myself as Jorvar (pronounced Yorvar, its Nordic and the name of an ancestor which I believe is fitting when the subject is Space Wolves). Like many of you who would choose to read a blog about Space Wolves, I am an avid collector and admirer of the army. It's lore inspires me, it's play-style defines me and I feel I can relate to it's characters and all around vibe. I play Warhammer 40k as often as I can and every day I do not play you can find me researching lore or tactics or painting my wolves (as the wife/daughters/work allow). I am not, nor do I claim to be, an expert about anything regarding Space Wolves or Warhammer in general; just a player with opinions and strategies I'd like to share with the Space Wolf community in hopes that I can inform or inspire one player out there to try something new or consider an option they might not have. I am not a writer. In fact, though I consider myself literate, you may find many grammatical or spelling errors in my posts. I will do the best I can to make these posts as legible as possible.

     Now a bit about this blog and what to expect. Many things I will post about are already covered in many other blogs, http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/ is a great one and I HIGHLY recommend getting into it as well as joining the Space Wolf Face book page (that I'm a proud member of!)https://www.facebook.com/SpaceWolveshere. However, though many things I post about can be found in other places, most will include a different take or additional information or just my personal opinions about them. A great example (which will likely be among my first posts), is the whole concept of "min-maxing", which I think (too much of) is a load of crap and not very fun. More on that later... Painting tips will also be speckled in here and there as I paint my own projects and find things that may be of some help or interest to a newer hobbyist (though we should all be open minded to new ways to do things as it will help us grow as artists and modelers). List building and tactica are going to be a huge part of my initial posts till I run out of ideas- I encourage you all to contact me with new ones. Also from time to time we will talk about specific characters, their lore, how to interact with them on the table, whether they are worth their points ect. Basically I hope to one day have a little something for everyone looking for whatever they need about Space Wolves here, on my blog.
     I'm looking forward to putting my thoughts out there for you readers and even more so looking forward on your feedback about my posts. I am always open to new concepts and ideas, if any of you would like me to cover a topic please email me at Wulfen123871@gmail.com. If you don't agree with me, comment and tell me and the other readers (respectfully please) why and what you believe a better take may be, in the interest of my own expanding knowledge as well as another readers. We should all consider ourselves students. We will never know everything and (especially in WH40K) there is always another way to do things. In fact I am making these blogs specifically to CHALLENGE the well known "correct" ways to play the wolves or WH40K in general.
                                         Thank you for reading and I hope you find some use from these posts,
                                                                                       Russ be with you all!


                                                                                                               Jorvar

No comments:

Post a Comment